Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Haven't Scared It Away Yet!

This morning I woke up and decided it was time to make the Zucchini Bread.  I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure how I would make the zucchini all shredded and (here's what I n00b I am) it turns out I have a machine that makes short work of it!


Done and done!


So, the bread was moist and ever delicious.  I did not use as much sugar as is called for (not that I cut it in half or anything) but I am not sure why I didn't realize this would be a sweet bread.  It was great, very delicious... just not quite what I was craving.


Slaw, Salmon and Bread... Yum!




When I re-heated my Crispy Skin Salmon with Fiery Asian Slaw, I decided I'd also pair this with the utterly-un-Asian Zucchini Bread, but with a twist!  I roasted some plum tomato slices (as well as some left-over zucchini) with a little drizzle of olive oil and salt.  When they were all nice and roasty, I reheated a serving of bread, then broiled the bread with tomato and sprinkles of Parmesan cheese on top (also topped remaining tomato and zucchini). A little drizzle of olive oil completed the delicious dish.


I should also note I re-seared the salmon, and did achieve the titicular* "crispy skin," so score!


I should also note that the modification of cheese and oil and zucchini and tomato would affect calories... but not too badly, I'm not crazy.  Much.


Result was utter deliciousness! Tomato and zucchini, sweet and salty of the cheese... perfection!  Un-Asian, but very delicious!


I still have a Thai stir fry to accomplish, and then a butternut squash pasta to bake!


Also... Day 19 of meeting all the WeightWatchers good health guidelines.  It may kill me, but I love that this is a winning streak.


* I don't know if this is a real word, but it was interesting what Windows thought I was trying to spell...

No comments:

Post a Comment