Friday, September 30, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: 2011-09-28

Internet-monkey see, Internet-monkey do.*

Breakfast
Beans (on Spinach) on Toast, Half Grapefruit, Tankard (half) filled with Pumpkin Spice Latte a'la Chocolate-Covered Katie.

Morning Snacks
Grape Tomatoes, Snap Peas and Carrots (guess who forgot to snap the picture straight away) and a Pear.
Lunch

Zippy Yams with Bok Choy... but combined with barley, broth and some left-over broccoli slaw I had into a soup.  Was feeling soupy that day.

Afternoon Snacks
 Banana with tea, some grapes, GG Bran Crispbread and Soy Crisps (1 serving)

Dinner
Chunky Ratatouille Sauce, over farfalle and covered in cannellini beans (got that idea from Vegan Crunk.

Dessert
Ended the day the way I began it:  Chocolate-Covered Katie and her Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake ...

It was my version, I dared to dream!
I did modify the recipe to my tastes and to what I had.  This was dreamy, so here is the recipe I used!

Chocolate Fudge Goodness

Ingredients:
80g Banana
4 Tbsp Almond Butter
4 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Scant 1/16th tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup 

Instructions:
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Portion out into tiny square dishes.
Top with 1 almond.
Place in the fridge overnight or freezer for a few hours.**
Serve garnished with raspberries and a The Husband grown mint leaf.
Enjoy!
(**If you freeze, take them out for 20 minutes to thaw before serving)

-----
*Tee-hee.  "Monkey Do".  (Yes, I am immature.)

1 comment: