Thursday, February 3, 2011

Apparently, It's My Year!

  • The Lunar New Year is here, and it's the year of the rabbit!  To me, this means my age is divisible by 12.  Three times.  Time to celebrate the sunset of my mid thirties, because time flies and before I know it I'll be entering the dawn of my late thirties.

This was the second attempt at the 'Shroom.
  • The Philly Cheese 'Shroom continues to improve, and I may have an actual, workable, shareable recipe soon.  Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but what can I say?  I am still on the mushroom/onion kick, and while I'll invite beef to many a party, I have to bar it from this one.  (I still wuv you beef!).

  • I also re-attempted the Bake-tastic Butternut Squash Fries and, while they turned out better than the last attempt, still off and some in the middle randomly burned.  I am willing at this point to blame the oven, so hurry hurry, tax money!  Momma wants a new stove!
  • Exercised and ran this morning, but today was no yesterday and my heart was not in it.  I realized half-way through my run that I was really phoning it in (which is different from when I just zone out... in both cases, I run into trees, but when phoning it in I just run into them slower).  Picked up the pace and felt good, but... well, it was no yesterday feeling full of glory.  I think I need spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment