Sunday, November 13, 2011

Workout Log Challenge - Days 13, 14 and 15


I'm still slack on updating these, but I have *not* been slack in keeping up the exercise!


Spinning on...


A 'la Oh She Glows


Date: 2011-11-11 (AKA, Day 13)


Type of workout/duration: Morning - Running, 30 minutes.


Hours of sleep: 8 hours, uninterrupted.  Grateful.


My mood before/during/after exercise: Was a good run as were the previous two mornings... however, my pace was very close to 11 minutes.  11 was the theme of the day, was it not?  However, this did not make me happy, somewhat soured my mood going into the race the next day.




Exercise struggles:  I didn't think it was a struggle... but perhaps I just wasn't pushing myself this morning?


Exercise progress:  Again, the run felt good.  It felt great!  I was so sure I was doing well... so while the fail on pace?


How I felt the rest of the day: Strong, yes, but feeling a bit sad.


Other things to note: Better rest up for tomorrow!


----

Date: 2011-11-12 (AKA, Day 14)


Type of workout/duration: Morning - Running, 48:58.  (Okay, I counted 50 for the sheer jumping around a good hour before the race to keep warm).


Hours of sleep: 5.  I went to bed late and was nervous.  This was for the Richmond Marathon 8K!


My mood before/during/after exercise: I was an ice block before the race.  I thought I'd put on my sandal socks by accident at one point, only to find that my toes lost all sensation.  I was already feeling crappy about my time from yesterday, at which point I decided to eff it and enjoy the run... and hopefully not injure myself because I couldn't feel my toes...


Exercise struggles:  It was a great, calming run.  I didn't have any urges to stop, slow down, whine... nothing.  I even regained feeling in my toes.  I even noticed two vegetarian restaurants I'd like to try.


Exercise progress:  SUCCESS!  After two years, I've finally met my 10-minute mile goal!!!  I couldn't believe it (The Husband had the results instantly from the tracker email, but I waited for the official before I started celebrating).  I was so happy, I still tear up from it.  I never... ever would have imagined I'd be here.


How I felt the rest of the day: GLOWING.


Other things to note: Now the new goal:  A 9-minute mile.  Also... never eat Pho before a run.  You may regret it (though not so much since you had such a great run).



----

Date: 2011-11-13 (AKA, Day 15)


Type of workout/duration: Morning - Abs - 30 Minutes, Step - 30 Minutes, Weights - 20 Minutes.


Hours of sleep: 8 hours, interrupted.  Rare to get a full night's uninterrupted sleep...


My mood before/during/after exercise: Still glowing and still feeling strong after yesterday's fabulous run.  I can't believe despite the cold and misery how it felt to not feel like I wanted to just stop or give up.  Music, I believe, is key.  So today I did a million-bazillion crunches and planks, then topped it off with Cathe's Body Fusion (step and weights).  Felt fabulous the entire time.


Exercise struggles:  Only my inbred procrastination.


Exercise progress:  Stronger than yesterday.


How I felt the rest of the day:  Feeling good.  Going to go out and do a few light errands, but otherwise slack to my heart's content.


Other things to note: My homework over the weekend is to run in the 8K for the Richmond Marathon this weekend, and investigate any early morning running clubs.


No comments:

Post a Comment